Midwest Innocence Project
6320 Brookside Plaza, #1500
Kansas City, MO 64113
To Submit a Case:
All cases must submitted by the prisoner requesting help. All requests must be in writing and sent by postal mail to the address above. In the letter, please include all current convictions, the state in which you are convicted, and the time remaining on your sentence.
We ONLY accept cases where:
1. The applicant is claiming actual innocence, in other words, that he/she did not participate in the crime.
2. The applicant was convicted in Missouri, Kansas, Iowa, Nebraska, Oklahoma, or Arkansas.
3. The applicant has more than ten years left to serve on his/her sentence and/or the applicant must register as a sex offender.
4. The applicant is not currently represented by an attorney.
5. The applicant has exhausted their direct appeal and post-conviction remedy.
6. The applicant has NOT received the death penalty.
NOTE: We do NOT accept cases of self-defense.
Journalists and individuals from the media who wish to contact the Midwest Innocence Project should contact Executive Director Arthur Chaykin at (816)221-2166 or Arthur@TheMIP.org.
With special thanks to our Major Underwriters:
The Welch Family Foundation